Monday 21 November 2016

Student Ancillary Texts - Magazine Advert Analysis

Demons
The star rating are a nice addition to the advert that would make a customer more likely to buy the album. However, I don't think the colours are bright enough or the font big and clear enough to really catch the customer's eye in the beginning. I like the bottom of the advert with all the ticket details for the tour. The advert overall doesn't give much away about the video so it'd make a customer interested. I do like the fact they used the same setting with the trees as they did in the video.

Mr Blue Sky
This magazine advert goes hand in hand with their video and has really bright eye catching colours which would really grab the attention of the customer. It clearly says when the album is available and shows where you can buy it at the bottom. I think the quote at the top is a really good addition to the poster but it would be nice if it said who the quote is from. I really like how the photo of the characters from the video blends in with the whole background rather than being separate. It makes it flow well and really does make it look like they are in the sky.

Train
I don't think this advert has enough colour to attract the customer to look at it. It is quite dark and grey which may fit in with their theme but doesn't make it look very interesting. I think the photo is a good one, if a little dark. I don't like the font though. It isn't big enough to easily read and it isn't a clear font anyway. There are also blank spaces that look like something should be there but just wasn't ever added. This space could be filled up with a bigger title. I also think the ticket link should be a lot more visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment