Monday 21 November 2016

Ancillary Text - Website

Conventions of Websites
  • The band name and/or logo at the top which is normally big and eye catching
  • Links to other pages - such as a photo gallery of behind the scenes stuff, a place to log in, a general information bit about the artist, a merchandise store
  • A main feature on the front page such as a video clip
  • A strong design that'll be recognisable to the band but could be minimalistic 
  • A home page that is normally centred around their recent activities i.e. current tour or new album. It also needs to be easy for fans to navigate and simple so they can find exactly what they are looking for
  • Advertisements e.g. banners or links
Ideas
I would like to have a strong black and red theme. However, I want the font to be easy to read so I am considering having the background as a simple white to make it easier for fans navigating the page. I don't want to have too many links because I want the page to be relatively simple. However, I will put a lot of detail into the links I do include. For example, I want to do a big section on behind the scenes stuff and add photos in of settings etc for the music video. The main focus of the home page would be the new video that is coming out. I will probably be using WIX to construct the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment