Tuesday 1 December 2015

Final Cut Pro Test

This video is showing my trial run of Final Cut Pro. I used QuickTime to make a screen recording so I could show how I edited it along with the final piece. I used different techniques to edit the footage.

Sound
I begun by using the music with the footage. I'd fade it out accordingly to make it sound right and flow smoothly into the next scene. I then decided to get some music from YouTube (I used the YouTube MP3 Converter to get the music) to have at the end when the credits where shown. At the beginning, I added a wave/ocean sound effect to fill the silence and to see if the audience would guess that what they are going to watch is to do with pirates and water.

Effects
I used an effect that blacks out the screen except for a circle in the middle. I used this effect to make it look like the character was using a telescope as he is a pirate. I thought it looked really good as it still showed the majority of the shot and it showed the most important bits.

Transitions
The transitions I used were relatively simple. I just faded each scene into black (I had to add a picture of the colour black in between each scene) before moving on.

Opening
In the opening, I included a wave like sound. I did this so it wasn't too quiet and so it gave off a vibe that the rest would be to do with water or the sea. I also had the opening look like blood dripping. Originally, it was black to look like ink but I changed the colour to resemble blood which suggests there might be dark themes later on.

Ending
The ending is quite simple. I just used white credits on a black screen. I wanted music to accompany the credits but I didn't like the music provided with the credits. So, I went on to YouTube and got some from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment